Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kanabco2/public_html/vmsbbs/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kanabco2/public_html/vmsbbs/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

I been workin' on the railroad !
VMS Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 12:39:27 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

Virtual Machine Shop Forum  |  Machine Tool Technology  |  Off Topic  |  Topic: I been workin' on the railroad ! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply Print
Author Topic: I been workin' on the railroad !  (Read 1863 times)
ghoulardi
Registered Member

« on: October 30, 2013, 02:06:54 PM » Reply with quote

Seriously, I hooked up with the Midwest Railway Preservation Society here in Cleveland OH. They're rebuilding a 1918 steam locomotive among other things. Turns out they're looking for a lot of help with the machining end of things. So now I get to make parts for a real steam engine.

Check them out.   www.midwestrailway.org

If ypu want to know what God thinks about money just look at who he gave it to !
Ron
Admin
Registered Member

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 11:00:50 AM » Reply with quote

Sounds like fun. Do you have your own shop?
I didn't know you were in Cleveland... the cradle of Great Lakes industry... or perhaps the rocker if you think about Buffalo.
I love the history there and have read every book written on the creation of the Erie Canal... a monumental engineering achievement.
Too bad it didn't last... undone by the railroad just a decade or so after opening.
Show us pictures of the parts you are making.

Ron

Social Bookmarks

Fatal error: Call to undefined function load_socialbookmarks() in /home/kanabco2/public_html/vmsbbs/Sources/Load.php(2164) : eval()'d code on line 806